View Single Post
Old
06-19-2007, 06:58 AM
Seth Lake

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by handtrick View Post
As much as the Tennessean likes to put a negative spin on things....I think the tenor of this article is pretty much dead on.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs....706190336/1028

If you watched Poile's presser from yesterday, his body language was more suited for being the conductor of the orchestra on the Titanic.

I am not one to throw in the towel, but looking at the whole thing analytically....averaging 14K next year is going to be a pipe dream....
Gotta love the headline "Kimonen and Hartnell". The article was a bit extra skewed in my opinion.

I don't look forward to free agency. I think we are screwed in our current position, but at the same time I also believe we have built a solid core of players and currently sit in a position where we need to rebuild our third and fourth lines and sign a couple of defensemen to round out our core.

We still have Legwand, Arnott, Erat, Radulov, Dumont, Sullivan, Tootoo at forward and Hamhuis, Weber, Suter, Zidlicky, and even Klein at defense, and although I suspect one will be traded...Vokoun and Mason in net.

We are not totally gutting our roster (at least we haven't yet) and personally as I stated yesterday, I don't think we were realistically going to see a hometown discount for either of those players and we certainly couldn't afford the contracts that they got.

Losing all hope of resigning Kariya and Forsberg is a hard pill to swallow, but again the article is skewed in that the Tennessean themselves printed Saturday that we weren't offering Vishnevski a contract (no brainer) and I really don't think that either Nichol, Smithson, or Zanon are in any position to really demand big bucks (Zanon definitely deserves a payraise IMO) or sign really long-term contracts therefore unless Poile mentioned them by name...I think adding them into our "key free agents" is a bunch of malarky.

It's going to be a long summer, no doubt...but we might just come out of this OK if we are able to sign a bunch of players with something to prove that are willing to overlook the uncertanity of ownership in Nashville to get their shot at the NHL in maybe a role they otherwise wouldn't get. You never know what we might find playerwise and it will be interesting to see how that works out in the end.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote