Thread: Daze?
View Single Post
Old
03-01-2004, 04:26 PM
Estimated_Prophet

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs
Is it necessary to acquire more french players? Seems like the only reason the fans want a player, is if he's french. Enough of this. Bring in quality players no matter what their place of birth, or language.

Daze is injury prone, soft and expensive. I doubt he could handle the pressure of playing in Montreal.
I am the last person who would target players just because they are french as I have been very critical of such moves in the past. Daze is simply a very unique commodity at this time as his value is at its lowest point and he is on a team that is actively chopping salary. Daze can bring size and some much needed goal scoring talent to the Habs as I have become very tired of seeing Koivu's hard work result in missed opportunities.

Daze is NOT soft, he is not a physically punishing player who throws huge hits and fights but he has shown that he is very willing to park himself in front of the opposition net and take the abuse necessary to keep himself in good scoring position. Daze is much stronger and a little faster than Dagenais who is essentially a poor man's Daze although Daze doesn't have the long reputation of inter squad conflict that Dagenais has.

I beleive the addition of Daze would give us the missing ingredient on our #1 PP unit as he would create a deadly duo with Souray (as I mentioned in an earlier post). A presence such as Daze in front of the net also keeps the opposing D-men from moving into the slot and cutting off the cross ice passing lanes that Koivu and Ribeiro are so good at exploiting. With Daze keeping the D occupied down low and Souray forcing the forwards to play him tight at the blueline there would be all sorts of room for Ryder or Zednik to park in prime scoring territory in the slot between faceoff circles. I think most of us know how far special teams and goaltending can take a team in the playoffs and a combination of a red hot Theodore and a juggernaut of a PP.......the sky could be the limit.