View Single Post
Old
06-19-2007, 05:03 PM
DarthSather99

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rx View Post
First off, Frolik is straight up a better player than Espo is. He does nearly everything better than Espo. Let's get that out of the way right now.

And considered a "top" prospect? He cracked the list at #43 on the HF top 50 and I hardly consider him to be a "top" prospect in hockey. He had a decent year this year but nothing outstanding. In fact, he was relatively quiet for most of the year.

But he shares the hype that Espo has/had and is still riding it.

We'll see Espo doing the same thing for some time until he either makes it or busts.
No offense to the people here but I don't consider HF the defacto standard for judging talent. Looking at their rankings from past history proves that they tend to be off except on the most obvious cases.

McKenzie pretty much calls the draft before the teams make their picks on draft day. He's got great connections and I trust NHL scouts have Espo top 10 because of his skills (not production).

Frolik IS considered a top talent based on his skill set. He's a great stickhandler, got good speed, size and hands. Looking at stats proves nothing. He was drafted 10th overall based on his skillset, not his production. If he had produced he would have challenged for #1 overall. The Rangers were actually trying to trade up to get him. I guarantee you that Florida would not trade Frolik for most of the people HF rates higher.

Esposito and Frolik were rated highly coming into their draft year based on their skillset. They both had bad years production wise, this is where they are similar. Frolik is a better talent in a better draft. This draft is MUCH different. Both players fell out of top 2 because of bad production but WILL still be top 20 based on their potential (skills)

DarthSather99 is offline   Reply With Quote