View Single Post
Old
06-19-2007, 04:10 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rx View Post
What has Sutter shown to warrant a top 20 selection?

Sup John?

Everyone here is drinking kool-aid on all these prospects. Hey im even guilty of it at times. This years draft is weak. None of the "top" prospects are going to the Rangers. Theres talk the Rangers might even deal the pick. I would rather them focus on next 2 years' drafts because they are touted as being better.

But getting to what you asked... Nothing that would stand out really. I just think its a safe pick because he's got very good hockey sense and comes from a very good hockey family. Simple as that.

Such a weak draft and such a possibility of all these other players being busts that i'd go for the safest bet IMO. He may not be a great player but if you can get him at 17 i would take him because your guaranteed some of those intangables any Sutter would have.

If its just as easy as looking at the board and saying "Hey, is that Sutter related to the Sutter brothers?" - than so be it. It might not be a deep, over analyzed interpretation - but thats what i would do. Most probably would disagree - but at least I have a firm reason.

Last edited by HockeyBasedNYC: 06-19-2007 at 04:15 PM.
HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote