Thread: roman malek
View Single Post
Old
03-01-2004, 05:21 PM
Dr Love

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidrage
The one way contract had nothing to do with waivers. it was discussed in depth here and on FlyersPhans in depth while it was going on.
The one way contract would have meant Malek gets paid the same no matter which league he was playing in (AHL or NHL).

A two-way contract would have meant he would have probably taken a pay cut to come over since he would have been stuck in the AHL.

Clarke just sucks at getting a goalie. Hackett has totally sucked his whole NHL career and Clarke hands him millions when he was set to retire, but the guy coming off the best season for any goalie in Europe he won't sign even though he was in his mid-20's. Makes no freaking sense to me. And then Clarke goes and gives up Comrie for Burke who while on slouch, isn't really an upgrade over Esche at all, and worse then having no playoff experience, Burke's already proven he sucks in the playoffs.
Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel.

I agree, I think he should have brought him over, what harm could it have done to give him a shot? If memory serves me correct (I've drank a lot since then and now) Malek didn't want to come over on a two way contract because he didn't want to make minor league money. I can't really blame a guy for wanting the most money he can get if he has to pack up his life and go half way around the world and into a new language and culture.