View Single Post
Old
03-01-2004, 08:35 PM
Barnaby

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
i guess it really depends on what you value you most in the playoffs. I like Morrow but Leetch is a more valuable asset for a playoff round.

We're not talking about poti or even zubov here, we are talking about a game breaking defenseman who has already won a conn smythe and has tons of big game experience.

especially for a team that deseratly needs to keep up with the jonses that's not too too bad.

Morrow on the other hand is probably a steady 25 goal, 60 point player. Leetch on a good team could be more of a difference between a cup or a golf game and is signed for another year on top of that.

36 or not, leetch is till amongst the elite, though people forget as he cant play his game with this cast of rejects anymore.

really its not as bad of a trade as it would seem considering the rangers have NO one to replace him and finding a guy who would in today's nhl is very difficult.
Definately. I think we are spoiled by Leetch. We forget that he has the ability to do what maybe 2-3 d-man can do in the game and guess what? None of those guys have a Conn Smyth under their belt either. Remember us giving up the likes of Amonte and Weight in 94'? Top notch players we gave up for our cup run. Leetch is a franchise caliber player. You stick him on a real team and he can dominate in the playoffs. Other teams know that. How many defenseman could put up 18 points in 18 games with this team? Not many. Add to that Leetch is one of the best clutch players that are possibly in the game and you have an idea what he's worth.