View Single Post
Old
03-01-2004, 09:26 PM
Shane

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon
the rangers dont make that trade, we have enough smallish foward prospects in our system in prucha, roche, crabb, and dawes... what we lack is stay at home defensemen prospects and big north american style fowards (besides jessiman, murray, and falardeau)

for a player of kovalev's magnitude you are going to have to give up a solid prospect, again i think u wont have to part w/ one of your top 3 in koltsov, umberger and kesler but if i was sather i would demand mojzis and a high pick at least
Well, Mojzis is about as small as they come. He's an offensive, finesse defenseman.

Umberger is not one of our top three prospects. Ideally, if he'd sign for Vancouver, he would be. He's worth a mid-2nd round pick (what we'll get as compensation) to us right now.

Our top three prospects are Kesler, Koltsov and then your pick of Auld, King, or Fedorov. Normally Fedorov would be excluded, but he's gotten a call-up recently and has been phenomenal. Hopefully he's finally figured out what a little thing called "effort" is.