View Single Post
Old
06-21-2007, 12:08 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

vCash: 500
Plan A/Plan B: Available UFA centers

I'm going to go ahead and bank on Nylander staying our first line C.

Bang for the buck is important and Sather has been pretty thrifty since the lockout

These are the centers entering Free Agency on July 1st. We'd all love a superstar, but the competition will be tough. We might have to have a solid plan B as well

Briere

Drury

Forsberg

Gomez

Zubrus

Comrie

Lang

Peca

Smolinski

Stumple

Tkachuk

Yashin

I have reservations about Drury and Briere. I think they will be uber expensive and I question just how good they will be outside of Buffalo(as in not worth the $$)

I dont think Gomez would bolt NJ for a few dollars more and sign with NYR. He'd be really sticking it to the Devils. Seems like a long shot to me considering he'll have other options.

Forsberg to me is still the most talented UFA of the summer. I'd sign PF in a heartbeat. I know many are wary of his injuries. If he's healthy now and feels good about coming to Broadway he would be AWESOME on the 2nd line. I'd even overpay for a one year deal just to get him here centering for Shanny and Straka/Callahan. Even with his injuries he's a pt per game player and on a better team with less pressure, 2nd line....he could be an awesome addition to the Rangers.

After these guys the list gets a little less exciting but still some solid players that would be an improvement on the 2nd line.

What do you guys think?