View Single Post
Old
06-21-2007, 10:19 AM
alucard

vCash: 500
I really doubt Gomez jumps ship and heads for New York, I don't think he would do that to his (X)-teammates even though some people are saying money talks. Well $6million from the Kings(rumored landing spot) is the same amount of money as $6 million from the Rangers.
That being said, I think Gomez is a really good player who has the ability to take the puck up the ice and create a great chance 5v5 or on the Power Play. Just look at the Devils power play breakouts, get to their blue line and pass/drop pass to Gomez who is skating with speed and he just glides into the offensive zone to set it up.
I don't see why people try to discredit his ability. However I doubt he would want to sign here, and I think Drury would be a great addition instead.
Resign Nylander and Drury, who I hear from numerous places, was a Ranger fan growing up so that might make him more inclined to think about signing here.

As for Comrie, if someone suggested this 2 years ago I would have been for it, but watching him in the playoffs he didn't seem that great. His numbers are average at best 25pts 41gp, 6pts 20gp is the Playoffs, and it seemed like he was knocked off the puck alot, maybe due to his size.

Forsberg would be a dream come true, although it might be a few years too late. I still think this guy is a ppg player but whenever you think about Forsberg the next thought is injury, and his ability to be healthy. Plus from what I've been reading doesn't seem to want to stray too far from his comfort zone and sign with a new team when he could resign with what he knows in Col, Phi, or Sweden. Didn't he also take less money then NYR were offering to sign with Philly? (Thought I heard that somewhere)

alucard is offline   Reply With Quote