View Single Post
Old
06-21-2007, 04:48 PM
RaiderDoug

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idealsupra View Post
how is erat all that special? he had a 57 pt season and his average is closer to 45 pts for his career....?

richards for vokoun is a pretty fair deal straight up...but obviously IF IF IF nashville is trying to dump salary they would need to unload a few other salaries to be able to take on richards contract. something like the arnott i proposed....whereas they lose an aging veteran center AND salary and get a franchise center.

just throwing things around....this weekend will definitley be interesting!
It may just be me, but I like Erat. Alot. If not for an injury, he would easily have been a 20 goal, and likely a 70 point guy. He plays on our first line, and is only 25 years old. He's getting better each year.

If we trade him and get nothing but prospects or picks in return. Then we have a huge hole in the first line. We're still a contender, and, IMHO, easily a playoff team.

Don't mistake the Timonen/Hartnell deal for waving the white flag and giving all our guys up to the highest draft pick bidder. Although we would have liked to have them back, those guys did not figure into our future plans as greatly as one might think. No way are they worth what theyre being paid by Philly, especially Timonen, we would not have matched that even if we had the cash.

RaiderDoug is offline   Reply With Quote