View Single Post
Old
06-23-2007, 06:09 AM
sparkle twin
On the Coooole Train

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Well first I just want to say that I think Mason is/will be a great goalie for us. He proved last year that he was ready for a starter role. He's a great person and the team loves him and the city loves him. And he wants to be here.

However, I think this trade sucks. I mean, I can understand the reasoning behind it, wanting to cut salary. But I don't like what we got back. We only got a second round this year and maybe another one this year. I know next year is supposed to be a better draft, but who knows where the pick will be, more than likely it won't be top 10, and it could be below 20 again.

And I'm not totally convinced that Rinne can be our backup. Yeah he played well in those few games 2 seasons ago. But is he really completely healthy? Is he really ready to be an NHL goalie for 82 games?

I don't like this whole "binding deal" situation either. It just seems that Balsillie would just put down some money on Saturday or whatever he needs to do to enter the binding deal if he's so desperate to have a team.

I think that with this trade and the Hartnell/Timonen (I hope someone steps up and is willing to park his ass in front of the net like Hartnell did/I have no problem with our defense, it's going to be a top group in the league) deals, Paul Kariya will choose to not resign here. Poile said that if Kariya sees us as a competitive team he probably would resign and unless we make some other move for a Dumont type name I don't see PK resigning b/c I don't see us being successful as a 2 line team. And all the people on the fence about tickets will see all this as a lost cause/firesale (like the titans before they went 3-13) and won't want to come see a (percieved) losing team and we won't reach the 14k mark and the team will be gone, rendering the '08 1st round pick useless.

And wasn't it nice of Poile to give us that glowing vote of confidence when he was asked if he team would be in Nashville after this coming season.

Unless this local group seriously steps up, and we have some good replacements, I don't see the team here after 07-08. I'll be here until the end, at rallys, games or whatever. I've emailed/called the NHL offices. I called other teams for help. In fact, the Carolina people said that they have had other calls from Predator season ticket people and their GM was very aware of the whole situation. Then in true southern fashion, the lady I was talking to said, "oh honey, bless your heart" and wished us luck. But, yeah, I'm about thisclose to crossing the line.

Vokoun, the last of the expansion draftees. Only David Legwand is left who played a game in the first year. I'll miss Vo-koooouuuuuun.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote