View Single Post
Old
03-02-2004, 07:21 PM
felixd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny
What? why? Dagenais can't do squat on the ice unless he is set up. Mrorozov by a mile. Id like to know why dagenais?
I really don't know what everyone here has against Dagenais. Last night he set up Ribeiro once or twice. He isn't that fast, true. I think the main knock that people have on him is that he is soft. That's not that true either. He isn't a "physical" player by any stretch of the imagination, but he doesn't let himself get pushed around either. People also complain that he can't play defensively. While I don't get to watch as many Montreal games as most people on the habs board, whenever the habs come to New Jersey or New York I catch them, and from what I have seen, he is not lazy in his own end. He is no Bulis, but I don't think he is a defensive liability. Dagenais has a great shot and has great offensive instincts and a scorer's touch, and you can't teach the latter two, you are born with those skills. I think Dagenais is a great fit on the Habs until one of the kids(Kasts, Perez, Balej) takes his spot.

Morozov has a lot of skill, but is weak in every sense of the word. Mentally as well as physically. If he was strong mentally he would have more than 9 goals this season at this point in his career. Morozov is also the biggest wuss ever to play hockey. Unless Morozov can put his skill together and produce consistently, he is a 4th liner at best.