View Single Post
Old
06-24-2007, 12:51 AM
Barnaby

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
It's not just the Jessiman pick. That was an incredibly deep draft in which we may not have gotten much. I am hopefull Baranka can put his injuries behind him and that Dawes can show that the AHL is not the only place that he can score. There are a few hopefull thoughts for Potter. But even if these prospects do pan out, there just could have been so much more that came from that draft.
I completely agree... and I hate to beat a dead horse, but oh well... Parise or Getzlaf in that spot, and the Rangers youth goes from solid depth to one of the top 2-3 organizations in the NHL in terms of young talent.

If Parise is our 2nd line center, then we bring back Nylander, and use that extra cap space on a top defender or have the luxury of waiting for Marleau or Thornton next year as opposed to attacking the UFA market. Instead, the Rangers must scramble and overpay a guy like Drury.

If Baranka or Dawes panned out in addition to a Parise or Getzlaf, then you add two large pieces to the puzzle... Instead we are left counting on Dawes and Baranka in the hope that we walk away with at least something from one of the strongest drafts in the last ten years.

Coulda, shoulda, woulda... just one of those days...

Barnaby is offline   Reply With Quote