View Single Post
Old
03-02-2004, 09:25 PM
bobbyboucher24

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedjpd
You guys act as if we had a choice in the matter. There's a reason we didn't get him: HE WASN'T AVAILABLE AT #11.
You didn't read my post in which i clearly stated "if he was available." Of course we couldn't have selected him at our pick once he was taken. I am referring to the mock drafts that took place in the days leading up to the draft. The argument on this board was simply who to take. Many were on the Brown and Parise bandwagons. Some wanted Nielsson. Personally, I wanted Phaneuf "if he was available." My argument was that, even though we had an abundance of defensive prospects, those abundances tend to work themselves out. As it turned out, we no longer have that abundance of defense. I felt Phaneuf would be a special player and believe 100% that you take the best player, regardless of position, unless you're picking in the top 2 or 3. IF Phaneuf were available, I wanted him over the others mentioned. Thats all. Nothing else. Please don't read anymore into it than that. I simply stated I wanted Phaneuf "if he was available." He wasn't, so thats that.