View Single Post
Old
06-25-2007, 07:04 AM
devils

vCash: 500
Romanian Hockey and it's current State?

Being born in Romania (However only lived there for one year before coming to Canada). I can say with all honesty I am curious in the state of hockey in my home country (though I consider myself to be more Canadian than anything). I've been to the Hockey Hall of Fame and I've seen a Romania Hockey Jersey in one the exhibits which made me really curious as to how the state of the game is in that country. I know its not very good because no kids are ever coming out of there into the NHL. When I was little I wanted to be the first Romanian to play in the NHL, but at this rate that won't happen, not for me. However I've always felt the sort of need to go over there and help develop the game of hockey in that country. (Obviously this takes lots of money and commitment, and money is something that many people in Romania don't have.) Does anyone on this forum actually know of any hockey leagues in Romania that have a chance at some day producing some AHL/NHL talent? Any information is welcome and thank you.

devils is offline   Reply With Quote