View Single Post
Old
03-02-2004, 11:28 PM
SwisshockeyAcademy

vCash: 500
I hate to be the one to rain on this parade but there is a pure rental. There is no way in the world Montreal meets his price nor would they want to. You are talking about a guy that i used to tune into just to watch stickhandle and pass but who has been so horrible in New York you would not believe its the same player. I have watched nothing short of 25 Ranger games this season and no matter where he has played he contributed very little. I give credit to Gainey for making a bold statement , he believes in this team- hell i'm a Leaf fan and i too believe in this team. If you were going to make a trade though, Lang was the man to get. He would only cost a little more pick wise and he is a man that actually earns his money. He is a right shot and a center which this team still lacks. Kovalev will have to find his game somehow, maybe a playoff race does that. The man has it all and uses little. Did Montreal's advance scouts even watch him play down the stretch? Just curious, he was putrid and could have been had for less. Kovalev actually hurts Montreal if he is resigned, you would be tired of his act and have little chance of unloading him. A rental is as good as it gets. I give credit to Bob for trying but this better not be his only move if he's really going for it- the East is wide open and Montreal can win it.