View Single Post
Old
03-02-2004, 11:53 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Sorry guys but I'm not real happy about this one (but I really hope I'm wrong). It's not like we've trade Hossa or Hainsey, which a lot of fans already thought they were tradeable. It's a speedster, natural scorer a mix of Bure family with Samsonov that will haunt us I'm sure for the next 15 years. Kovalev, who's already 31 will NOT make us real contender. We still can't beat TO, Philly, Boston or even TBay with that lineup. We still have only two lines that can score, Gainey has to make some other moves or we're still in a bad position. With Kovalev, I see us wins game that we would've win 3-2, we'll win them 5-2 instead when we will be facing tough teams with grit, Kovaley doesn't solve that problem. WE NEED GRIT!!!! We still gotta go for another winger maybe two like a O'Neill for Ribs line and a Simon or Bell/Calder for the 3rd line with a tough d-men to really make us true contenders but I'm probably asking too much. We should try picking up Carney or Odelein and trade Brisebois for a young player and regain a 2nd round pick for next year to Colorado for example if they lose Gonchar sweepstake.

In regards to prospects rankings, maybe I'm wrong, but I'll take Balej over Hossa, Hainsey and Plekanec anytime.

One thing sure, we will have an interesting end of season with some exciting plays ahead with Kovy. If that guys signs long-term, that will be Gainey's best move.