View Single Post
Old
03-03-2004, 02:39 AM
Edge

vCash: 500
Honestly his drafting doesn't concern me so much as his developing but i dont honestly think he'd be around long enough to oversee that.

Either way with a top 5 pick unless sather reaches waaaay down he can get a solid pick.

The florida deal was different for a few reasons in the sense that Luongo was a top talent who was traded because Milbury is well...Milbury, not many other teams would have made that move.

Secondly he was like 21 or 22 at the time. Now unless the Rangers trade the pick for Phaneuf or Brewer, than i am not really in favor of moving the pick.

Personally i like some of the options that are going to be available to us with a top 10 pick this year and the CBA expiring is gonna change a lot of things. Getting a kid who isnt under contract yet is a much smarter approach than getting someone who might be on the cusp of a big payday in the midst of an uncertain future.

also if their is a lockout, the drafted player goes back to juniors and developes, what are you gonna do with the 24 or 25 year old? he loses a whole year of development. either way its a bad investment and is much riskier than simply taking a kid with our top 10 pick.