View Single Post
Old
03-03-2004, 10:56 AM
Habsaku

vCash: 500
I am more then happy with this deal. It makes me even happier because I got so much heat for suggesting Balej was the odd man out if a prospect was to be traded, well that shows people his ceeling aint as high as they thought. I dont believe he'll be more then a Sergei Berezin type, hes very weak, he doesnt have much in terms of hockey sense and he aint the smartest player, hes like Zednik but without the immense strength.

Kovalev on the other hand, is one of my favorite players in the league. Hes really strong on the puck, hes got incredible hands, hes absolutly a top talent in this league and right now, our most talented player. When hes on, regardless of his linemates, he can easily get more then 70 points and 30+ goals. We just added size, major talent and a gamebreaker without giving up anyone but our less talented prospect. I wouldnt even be surprised to see Plekanec shipped out at the deadline.
To me, the thing that'll make this deal the sweetest, is if we can sign him to a 4/5 year deal, then I'll call this a great deal. For now though, its a good one.