View Single Post
Old
03-03-2004, 04:44 PM
Janerixon

vCash: 500
nedved + malakhov should be next...

these are two players who could help and provide depth for a solid team and are flat out rentals, sather has no reason to wait until the deadline because no team will suddenly offer anything more later than today due to the fact these guys are not impact players, nedved can help a good team, but he wont win anything for you and malakhov would be a good 5-6 guy on a strong team and an excellent 7 man for playoffs

nedved to the nucks or avs for a prospect and a 3rd round pick
malakhov to the devils, isles, or leafs for a 6th

from there the players who sather should wait and see

leetch: wait til the deadline until teams are panicing about what other teams may do, he is the best piece of trade bait and gamebreaker available

messier- wait again, he can provide a solid faceoff guy, he can still score and help a powerplay or just provide leadership to a young team, i hope he goes to the sens and gets a chance to win, but wait and see

rucinsky- i wont expect much for him, but he could help a team like the sharks or fit in on avs or wings, see who will pay the most

simon and barnaby - id prefer we keep them unless the offer is that good and we get back young players who can step in, both these guys can play the rough stuff, will fight and protect our kids and can score goals, i want them back for next year and i dont want dale and lacouture to be the only guys who will stick up for kids for the rest of this season after the deadline

poti - regardless of where leetch goes poti could be moved especially if we package him to a team that may need some help on the point, he is weak in the defensive zone but on a good team that may not stand out as much kind of like zidlicky on the preds, so we will have to see but if we get back a d-man with offensive capability for leetch id expect poti to be dealt

i hope sather doesnt wait until tuesday to make another deal cause he could be shut out except for leetch