View Single Post
Old
06-29-2007, 10:08 AM
kostitsyn1489

vCash: 500
I'm not even sure he was ready to play in the NHL last year. He might have needed a year in the AHL before stepping up in the NHL, but he went out there and got the job done. He played 19 minutes and alot on the PK.

I saw some good upside of him in Montreal. He has a better hockey sense then most of our defencemen minus Streit and Markov. He has a good skating and a solide first pass. He needs to fill out to be more effective, but his positionning is really good. I like his offensive flair. When we are going in attack he doesnt look behind himself and he goes in attack. He made some nice pinch last year and well maybe he isnt the best shooter or playmaker, but he's the guy that will jump in to get a 3 on 2.

He was really young last year and look, at 22 how good was Komisarek? I'm not saying that Gorges will be better then Komi, he hasnt the same kind of upside, but with another season under his belt he'll be better. He showed good stuff with San Jose while in Montreal it's been harder. It doesnt mean he's bad.

For the 2 goals he got scored on he made the good play by standing in front of the guy that was going at the net for the rebound, but both time one of the forward lost his guy.

Last edited by kostitsyn1489: 06-29-2007 at 10:37 AM.
kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote