View Single Post
Old
03-03-2004, 08:27 PM
HabsBaby18*

vCash: 500
We are not a cup contender team this year , but ...

We are certainly not a cup contender this year ... I know about Carolina , Anaheim , Minnesota ect. But I don't think we can win the cup this year ... Sure I hope to win it , but I don't think so.

But I do think that in 3 years , we will certainly be a great team. With Katsysin , Perezhogin , Higgins , Komisarek and others. I know that they will not reach all of their potential , but right now we are making the playoffs with one of the best prospect team in the league , it is really remarkable.

Let the leafs get older and we will have a good mix of young and old talents.

Markov will get better , Theo is a prime time goaltender and still relatively young (27).

We weren't suppose to have so much success , remember that it was a rebuilding phase. Now it is not the same thing. Yes we are rebuilding , but because young players have emerge really good and provide a great seasons (Ryder , Ribeiro) , we can just look forward and we can't worry on anything , because we have a playoffs team + some greats prospect.

If Therrien would still have be here , Ryder , Souray and Ribeiro would not have emergence like they did. APPLAUD CLAUDE JULIEN for his work. He is the guy that made us have Kovalev (In a way) . Therrien was a good coach , but ryder and ribeiro wouldn't have made the team under his wings (well maybe , but not this year , so Kovalev wouldn't have been WITH US)