Old
03-04-2004, 08:29 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmer
Well, congratulations. I think that the NYR made an excellent deal in dealing Brian Leetch.

I don't know if I am the first or only, but I wanted to stand up and be accountable.

I am shocked! I was one who felt that a Leetch deal would not be close to a Gonchhar deal in value returned.

What can I say, other than I was wrong, and the majority of you guys were right.

Now, I can only hope for two things.

1. That Brian Leetch is considerably better defensively than I believed
2. There is no lockout next year

Has anyone heard anything regarding the nature of the conditional Pick?

Now, does anyone have any BBQ sauce for that Crow???????

You will really begin to appreciate Leetch now as you will watch him every game. I think that he gets a bad rap defensively. He is not Scott Stevens but he is not Andy Delmore either. He is good positionally, strong on his skates, good against bigger forwards. He is not a crease-clearere (that's why Leetch and Beukeboon were such a great pairing) and age and injury have affected his defensive play but he is far from the liability that some have painted him to be. He is a good penalty killer (if he is asked to do that in Toronto) and I have on more than one occasion kill a 5 on 3 pk almost single-handedly. And he will do things offensively that will amaze you.