View Single Post
Old
07-01-2007, 10:25 PM
Draft Guru

vCash: 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR94 View Post
From tsn.ca: (can't quote because I'm in simple mode, lol)

"The Rangers had been looking for a second-line center to play with forward Brendan Shanahan, and now can plug Gomez into that spot. Drury's signing means that New York will let unrestricted free agent Michael Nylander leave, creating a spot on the top line for Drury to play alongside Jaromir Jagr."

I agree with them. Try out Gomez with Shanahan first because Gomez is a pass-first center. Let Drury play with Jagr.
That's exactly how I feel. The thing you have to remember about Jagr is he may score a ton of goals but he is an incredible playmaker. I think having Drury, the more natural scorer, in the middle with him is the way to go. Plus Drury is a right-handed shot. A lot of Prucha's sucess with Jagr on the PP was a result of him being able to get open on the opposite side for the one-timer. With Jagr-Drury you have a lefty and a righty and the same with Gomez (l) and Shanahan (r). When Jagr carries the puck down the right wing, he can pass it to Drury in the middle who, because he's a right-handed shot, can pull off the one-timer. This will lead to a lot of scoring chances.

Anybody else anxious to see some of Gomez's sweet passes on to the tape of Shanahan?

Draft Guru is offline   Reply With Quote