View Single Post
Old
03-04-2004, 10:16 AM
HughJass*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to HughJass* Send a message via Yahoo to HughJass*
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbear
Again we're stuck with this ... what do you want the guy to say in public? "Yeah, we'de give Irbe away to the first team that gets us off the hook for ANY of his remaining salary" ... I mean, get real. You can't come out and say that about your backup goalie in public.
Why say anything at all? Just because the players ask? The franchise already does a great job of not speaking to the fans, so....

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUCanesFan
No way I would have accepted that. I'd rather stick with Hill and O'Neill then get that as a return.
Why not? The way things are shaping up right now is they will get nothing for Hill (i.e., it's contract year...I doubt Rutherford resigns him) and it seems like Rutherford is bent on getting rid of O (upon popular belief). We are going to get screwed. Just watch. This franchise will fall back into it's Whaler-ways and just be lovable losers again.

Btw the rumors have slowed down, I don't think Rutherford will be able to move anyone else. Wow, what a great job of rebuiding if he can't move anyone. :/

Let's be honest, this team will be in the tank for years if we don't upgrade our minor league system and develop some good prospects. We need picks.

Last edited by HughJass*: 03-04-2004 at 10:26 AM.