View Single Post
Old
07-02-2007, 02:22 PM
Jarnberg

vCash: 500
I think we'll still have a decent team. I've been a big fan of improving the third and fourth lines.

However, I still think that we really haven't done that yet. Especially with guys like Nichol, Smithson and Fiddler all signed. And we still have Hordichuk and Tootoo. This is where we need to improve the most.

That being said, I don't think our first two lines are flawless. Sure they are still better then some teams we have had in the past, but they have potential for issues. Erat, Legwand and Radulov all playing on a line is kind of scary in two ways. One, it has great potential. Second though, is the line is kind of scary because that line could easily struggle and go a long time without grabbing points, something Erat and Legwand have done alot and Radulov showed signs of last year (yes he was a rookie so it was expected).

The Sullivan - Arnott - Dumont line I see the same way. Their chemistry was great last year but who knows if Sullivan will be the same Steve Sullivan.

As for the defense, Weber Suter and Hamhuis will not make up for losing a guy like Kimmo. Yes Kimmo is trailing off a bit, but he's still a top notch offensive defensemen in terms of play making.

People often slam you after criticizing moves, putting you on one side of the fence or the other. For instance, 'I don't like the Ortemeyer / Nichol signings'. All of a sudden, you're called a Predators hater and are quoted as saying we'll have the worst season ever.

I think we'll have a decent team, but one who doesn't have what it takes to handle injuries or set backs.

We do have a big need to fill out our bottom two lines. However, guys like Nichol, Smithson and company aren't the ones to do that.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote