View Single Post
Old
07-04-2007, 01:40 AM
MidnightRanger

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MidnightRanger
I knew the salary cap would help the Rangers. I was so excited after the great purge. And after the lockout I was one of the idiots that wanted to trade Jagr for more prospects and wanted us to tank that opening season for a lottery pick. GLAD I WAS WRONG. I wanted a full blown rebuild where all the kids could play. I am glad the Rangers went at it in the best possible way. And that is, use Hartford to develop these guys until they are actually NHL caliber players, and field a competitive team that puts people in the seats, but also serves as a system and established template for these kids to follow when they come up. That first year didn't seem like a great way of going about a rebuild but I was wrong. It actually rebuilt the winning culture of the TEAM, that all those prospects we have are going to come up to and adhere to. And then last year we make it to the second round of the playoffs and built even more of a winning attitude. Figured out how to play defense better. Gained valuable playoff experience for our younger players and as a team. It has been a beautiful progression that we must continue.

Not to mention we got LUCKY with Staal, Cherepanov and even having that idiot Atlanta Gm give us Bourret. Not to mention we got guys like Avery, who I was against acquiring again because I wanted kids to come up. But I am glad again I was wrong about that.

Now everything would be perfect if we could get rid of Malik THIS year. But maybe one more year won't hurt.

The Rangers certainly seem to have written the book on how to rebuild in 4 years in the new NHL. Teams like the Toronto Maple Leafs which are a mess like the Rangers, should follow suit. The Blackhawks, Kings, and Blues seem to be following the same template as the Rangers. And those markets are crucial for the league to gain popularity. Watch what were gonna do for the sport by ourselves in the next couple of years again. I'm optimistic.

Last edited by MidnightRanger: 07-04-2007 at 01:48 AM.
MidnightRanger is offline   Reply With Quote