Old
07-04-2007, 10:54 AM
Das Uber
Kitten Mittens

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Devil View Post
My 2 cents:

•Gomez > Zubrus. Zubrus is a better bargain - Gomez is anything but a bargain at that price - but Gomez is the better player. Much better player. There's no question about that, despite stats and everything else.

•Gomez will look really, really good with Shanahan and Callahan, or Shanahan and anyone. Put him with pure snipers - he looked his best (other than his 33 goal season) when he was with Mogilny. With Elias they didn't really know what to do, because both of them like to carry the puck. Trust me, Gomez will work better with Shanahan than Jagr. Put Drury with Jagr.

•Gomez and Elias never really meshed, other than that really short period where the EGG line was dominant. Zubrus gives Elias something he hasn't had since Arnott - a big man to clog up the middle and win pucks along the boards. Zubrus isn't a playmaker, but that's all right, as long as he can win pucks and finish. Gionta will pick up the trash, as he always does.

•Zubrus will not be a #1 centerman in the classic sense. NJ won't have one. The Elias and Parise lines will, I hope, split time as the top unit - and, if anything, the Parise - Zajac - Langenbrunner line will be our first line. After all, they were for most of last season when the EGG line was completely impotent.
I should probably read before I post...

What he said.

Das Uber is offline   Reply With Quote