Thread: Aaron Asham
View Single Post
Old
07-04-2007, 01:14 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Don't really see a need or a place for him.

But at least we know who the new flavor of the week is.
Asham would be an upgrade over Orr but I don't see a place for Orr right now...

Honestly, the answer on if the Rangers WILL sign Asham is NO they won't.. I just think if they were going that route they would've resigned Ortmeyer..

The other thing is you need to keep a spot or two open in camp for a kid...Right now there is one on defense and I don't really see one at the forward postion...ADDING another forward multplies that problem...I guess the Callahan spot is up for grabs but when it's all said and done I think Callahan wins that job...The Rangers don't need a LW (korpedo, dawes) Don't need a center (Dubinsky) and what RW in Hartford takes Callahans spot Jessiman or Moore?

The Rangers have a glut of kids that could play in the NHL next season..Bringing another vet just causes more problems at this point...Especially when Asham might not be as good as what we have in the system already...

As for using Ashams points vs Hollweg Betts and Orr I mean come on....Hollweg is not going to score more then 8 goals a year in his career if he is lucky...But he can still be an effective player..(his rep around the league is a big problem with him) I also think his play AFTER the Simon incident took a huge step backwards...Maybe it shook him up more then any of us let on...Hollweg going into his 3rd full NHL season (amazing right?) needs a good camp for his own psyce...

As a classic 4th line a center....I repeat a 4th line center...Is there a better guy in the league then Betts? Not to mention he doesn't have total hands of stone...

Orr is Orr...I think he is useless...Renney doesn't...Renney is the coach and I'm on a laptop in my den....lol...BUT...Orr is going to be here next year and even I'll admit he showed progress down the stretch...

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote