View Single Post
Old
07-04-2007, 04:01 PM
Edge

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
great points. I've been thinking lately that Drury could work well with Jagr. Possibly more-so than with Shanahan. Shanny needs a play maker on his line. Jagr is the play maker on his line. Not in the traditional sense but he is a strong puck carrier, just like Gomez. Shanny's line needs that puck carrier as well as the set up guy. Drury works well done low and will create lots of space for Jagr on the ice. That's when he is most dangerous, with time and space. With Jagr, Drury will probably be a 80 point player. Much like Nylander was. Either way, it'll probably work out well so we'll just have to wait to see what happens next season! can't wait!

Is any of these better than the other?
Gomez gets 90 with Jagr. Drury, 70 with Shanny.
or
Gomez gets 80 with Shanny. Drury, 80 with Jagr.
I guess for me I see Drury getting his 65-70 points on the second line and Gomez potentially getting closer to 90 if he plays on the top line. I don't really know if I can see Drury getting more than 70,that's just not his game. To me that's really what it comes down to. Drury is a good scorer but he's not a TOP scorer and last year's 70 points represents his top end for me.

For the first time in a long time I think the Rangers have a chance to play guys in their ideal role and not a makeshift role that they can pull-off but not necessarily be best suited for. That's really how I'm approaching it, but I admit I wouldn't be bothered one bit if Drury is on the top line and Gomez the second line.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote