View Single Post
Old
07-05-2007, 10:50 AM
Ola

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alkurtz View Post
Wonder if the Oilers can file a grievance and ask for arbitration.
Remember when Quebec traded Lindros to the Flyers and then a little later traded him to the Rangers? An arbitrator ruled that Lindros belonged to the Flyers because their trade came before our trade.
Though I doubt Nylander will be "awarded" to the Oilers in this case, maybe Kevin Lowe can ring something out of the situation.
Saw a quote from a agent, Jarrett Bousquet -- I haven't heard of him before but he got some big names like the Niedermayer brothers among others, practically laughing at the Oilers wondering what the heck they was up to.

On the incident;

"There is no way Edmonton can win this"

"This is how it works, first both the player and the club signs the deal, then its sent to the league for approval. Then its sent to the NHLPA for approval"

"Everyone in the buisniz knows that its the players signature that matters, nothing else. Everyone knows that."

Edmonton and Kevin Lowe should issue a public appologie to Michael Nylander. I guess these kind of things happends when people who have gone 6 years in school ends up in charge of things they don't got a clue about...

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote