View Single Post
Old
07-05-2007, 03:14 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
If Shanny is resigned BEFORE Lundqvist, Avery, and Hossa then the Rangers are taking a huge risk in any one of the 3 signing an offer sheet...

you can make a case that the a return of a draft pick for Hossa (because of depth) wouldn't be a bad thing...fair enough but the Rangers are taking a huge risk leaving two of the more important players...actually scratch that...THE MOST IMPORTANT PLAYER IN LUNDQVIST and a very important player in Avery out there as Restricted free agents...I don't want to hear these guys won't sign RFA contracts...if you believe that your not living in reality...
I wouldn't sweat it, SoS - I look at it the other way around. Seems that Shanny's deal is the easiest to do, given his comments in the media and if they're working on something that's incentive-laden and therefore quite affordable, it makes sense to get it done so you know what you have left.

And, as others have indicated, if someone comes in and offers a compelling RFA deal to Lundqvist in the meantime, meh - you've got the 10% exception allowing you to match.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote