View Single Post
Old
03-05-2004, 03:31 PM
Cerebral

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kritty
Am I the only one that think has a problem with Tarnstrom being valued so highly? I would never give up a blue chip prospect like Rita or a young, NHL dman like Semenov for Tarnstrom. Let's remember, this is a guy who was on waivers not too long ago and didn't start to produce until put on the PP with Mario and company. Granted he is putting up points this year on Pittsburgh but who else will. He is not good in his own end and outside of the PP he contributes little offensively. In my books he's a marginal 2nd pairing guy. If paired with a defensively realiable partner he could get by.

I do agree that it will take a fair bit to get him out of Pittsburgh but that's because he's one of the few players with actual NHL experience that the Pens have. If he is anywhere outside of Pittsburgh he's a 5/6 dman that plays the PP. People can go ahead and rip me up for it but I just don't see him as a top pairing dman like some people seem to think. Rita and Chimera for Tarnstrom? Not a chance.
I completely agree.. the NHL is full of players that have exceeded expectations point-wise when they are one of the few NHL-calibre players on the roster. I personally don't think Chimera + a low pick for Tarnstrom is that far off.. I certainly wouldn't move Rita + Chimera for him and would not even think about trading away Semenov if Tarnstrom was the key player coming back.