View Single Post
Old
03-05-2004, 04:07 PM
ceber

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krys
Me too, I think we need some Swedes in the lineup. :]
Anyone know if the Aeros have any chance at the playoffs?
Just wondering if there'd be any chance of seeing Wallin this year if there is enough Wild trades. Only thing is, I doubt we'd see him if the Aeros have any chance for the playoffs. At least I hope the Wild have a heart and give the Aeros a chance. :]
I believe the Aeros actually have a decent shot at making the playoffs this season. They're 4th in the West right now. Here's how the playoffs work this year:

(from www.caldercup.com)

In 2003-04, a total of 20 teams -- five from each division -- will qualify for the AHL's postseason.

The playoffs will begin with four qualifying series (one in each division), with the fourth-place team playing the fifth-place team in a best-of-three matchup, with all three games at the home of the higher-seeded team. These series winners advance to the division semifinals.

The best-of-seven division semifinals will match the first-place team with the qualifying series winner and the second-place team with the third-place team. The series winners advance to the division finals.

The best-of-seven division finals will match the winners of each division semifinal. These series winners advance to the best-of-seven conference finals, and those series winners will meet in the best-of-seven Calder Cup Finals.