View Single Post
Old
03-05-2004, 04:17 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by salostyle
There is potential...serious potential for a trade between these two teams...maybe even a multi-player deal.

Everyone knows Sergei Federov wants to play with his little bro, Feder so why not include him in any and all Vancouver/Anahiem proposals. Vitali Vishnevski will be tough to pick up because of his age and his upside. Keith Carney is a lot closer to being tradeable in my opinion and his dynamite playoff performance last spring should not go overlooked by playoff bound teams looking for a defenseman.

The names Hill and Odelien are popping up but now with Leetch and Gonchar off the market a lot of teams including Vancouver will likely set their sights on Carney.

I could see a 3 way deal similar to this going down prior to the deadline:

To Vancouver: Keith Carney, Rob Niedermayer and Chicago 3rd in 04

To Anahiem: Eric Daze, Feder Federov and Steve McCarthy

To Chicago: Petr Sykora, Jarkko Ruutu and Brandon Reid

Vancouver gets a solid playoff dman (somewhat of a rental player), a decent 2/3 centerman who can win key face-offs and a high 3rd round pick this year.

Anahiem gets the power forward they are sorely missing, and although Daze has been having an off year hampered by injuries, a full season on a line with the Federov(s) could see him return to 40+ goal form. They also get the younger Federov brother that Sergei has been asking for along with McCarthy, a young defenseman with a once promising offensive upside, to lighten the loss of Carney.

Chicago aquires a talented finesse forward to somewhat make up for the losses of Amonte, Sullivan, Zhamnov and in this deal Daze. Sykora struggled somewhat in the Anaheim system but could really excel in the Windy city. They also bring in a brother, this time the older one, Jarkko Ruutu whose more of an agitator and less of a scorer in comparison to his little brother Tuomo who is starting to turn on his "A" game. Chicago also gets another young creative offensive prospect in Brandon Reid who could likely start contributing to their line-up immediately.

The deal works on all fronts for me...what are your guys opinions as far as value wise and likeliness of a 3 way deal invovling at least a portion of these players???
No. Sykora may be in a slump, but Daze's too injury prone. Nieds is alot better than Fed Fed, as Carney with McCarthy. I'd like to acquire a player like Daze though, but not at the price of Sykora.