Thread: Satan anyone?
View Single Post
Old
03-05-2004, 06:31 PM
FlyersFan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersGuy69
we need a nasty crease clearing defensemen at this point IMO more than a scorer.
I agree with that statement 100%. I am all for getting Witt as well. But, with our aging team, I think you have to do everything you can to help the team win now.

Look at the Red Wings. They are the 2nd most offensive team in the league (most offensive in the West). The last thing they needed was a scorer. But who did they get? Robert Lang, who was at the time, I think, tied with Martin St. Louis as the top scorer in the NHL. The Wings didn't need Lang in the least, but they got him anyway, not because they needed him, but because he makes them an even better team than before. Simple as that. The opportunity arose and the price was right, so they got him. Same thing when Ottawa (the most offensive team in the NHL) picked up Bondra. They didn't need him at all, but he makes them better, and the price was right. I'm not saying we need Satan (because we don't), but I am saying that if the opportunity arises (which it seemingly has) and the price is right, IMO, we should get him.