Thread: Ortmeyer
View Single Post
Old
07-07-2007, 01:13 PM
Seth Lake

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Sorry, haven't been around since the draft. I'm actually in CT with my aunt while my uncle is in a nursing home after having a seizure during the third round of the draft. Thankfully he is doing very good and should be home Wednesday. I'll be home Saturday or Sunday of next week and will become quite a frequent poster again. For now, I have extremely limited access to the internet.

As for the Ortmeyer signing...it is a great move. One that I made in the Free Agent Game too.

I first saw Jed in Hartford (AHL) making his professional debut with the Rangers affiliate. He made an immediate impact as a two-way energy guy and was clearly headed to the NHL in short time. I agree with the opinion of many Ranger fans that Jed will become a captain within a year or two, as he is the ultimate lead by example type of leader and is known as having good chemistry with his teammates.

As I feared, Jed will get third line minutes (pending another signing or two), and he does not have much offensive upside, but he is the type of player that will only serve to make his linemates better and I believe he will help his teammates reach their offensive potential although he himself will not put up big numbers.

Great PK guy, will drop in front of anything and will battle Zanon tooth and nail for the team lead in blocked shots and ice bags.

Jed and the Predators see this as an opportunity to give a role player a bigger role to see if he can adapt. Having followed Jed's career, I think that he has the personality and determination to do his best and will strive very hard to meet any expectations that are placed on him by the club.

Ortmeyer will be a fan favorite from his first shift. This is a player that will not quit regardless of the circumstances and I really believe he will be a bright spot this season.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote