View Single Post
Old
07-10-2007, 01:25 AM
WHARF1940

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by raskolnikov View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mi0-oCyYHVo

I remember the penguin doll with the noose around its neck on the cover of newsday. I believe it was right after the isles took them back to pittsburgh. Can't beat Bowman's disgust and Mario seeking out arbor to shake his hand. What a team that 93 team was
thank you for saving me the time searching youtube for this to refute the "best Isles video ever" claim. while subjective, I would have to personally have to disagree. The only thing I will give the Bates penalty shot is that it was on home ice. Remember, we sucked for quite some time before winning the patrick division that year as well!

Anybody 30 or younger, such as myself, who does not have clear and active memories of the "good old days", only has this as the last real success of the Isles, and while the Bates shot was great, it was just one game. It was, for me, just as exciting as the devils game last year to clinch the po's, if judged solely on the merits of the game. Obviously, the toronto game had the 7 year drought preceeding it going for it.

As far as that 93 pitt game goes, wow, I had to listen to it on the radio as I was stuck on Fire Island. Every time we heard them even mention Lemieux or Jagr's name we cringed!!! But holy cow how sweet it was to win to not only make a series out of it without our best player, but to win, and to see my favorite Islander, Ray Ferraro turn in the performance of a lifetime, awesome...

WHARF1940 is offline   Reply With Quote