View Single Post
Old
07-10-2007, 09:47 AM
technophile

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to technophile
While it would be nice if every pass could be perfectly placed, in all honesty you're going to have to deal with passes from weird angles and inconvenient angles anyway (among other things, intercepting passes from the other team uses the same skills), so I would just say practice. Go to some stick-and-pucks and have someone feed you those kinds of passes until you figure out how best to handle them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowmeHawks View Post
As long as your stick is on the ice, it's not your fault you're not receiving that pass. The responsibility of you being able to receive a pass is from the sender (defenseman), who is thus giving you bad passes.
There are lots of other reasons he could be missing the pass. Catching a pass is much more than just having your stick on the ice and expecting someone to hit your tape with their pass in such a manner that the puck doesn't bounce at all. I mean, yeah, putting the puck where it can be received is the passer's responsibility, and ideally it's a nice soft pass right into the tape, but in game situations you have to learn to deal with imperfect passes, in a hurry, from a rolling, bouncing puck, etc. Blaming the D isn't going to help anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRChazzer View Post
I love it when defensemen will pass it to your left when you're a righty playing left wing and then you have to stop and turn around to receive the pass.
Maybe the D didn't have the option to put it on your right, because that would be a (very dangerous) pass up the center of the ice. Or there was a forechecker with his stick in that lane, and the only thing the D could do was put it off the boards.

technophile is offline   Reply With Quote