View Single Post
Old
03-06-2004, 10:41 AM
Rails

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rails
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennevol10
Hey Buddy get real... Did you see how old is Johnsson... He is 26 or 27... He didn't even hit his prime... What do you call a player like that... He is very underrated...
He is 28 on March 16. I happen to think he has been the best d-man for the Flyers all season and has stepped it up since Desjardins get went down. Personally, I would put him in the top fifteen active defenseman He'll be top ten, maybe in top five by the time he enters his prime (partially by improvement and partially retirement of some of the older guys)

By no means do I mean to underrate him in your eyes. I'm not saying he is the best we will see him and I am not saying that he won't improve. I think he can tweak a few things here and there to improve his game, but in terms of development from draft year to present, I think he is close to the peak.

Johnsson is the epitome of what you can get out of a defenseman drafted in the later rounds of the draft (Last pick in 1994, 11th round, it is in the NHLPA player of the week thread) And to think, it was the Rags that drafted him. He has gone well above the expectations of an 11th round draft pick.

At the moment he is 14th in points (37) by a defenseman and 17 in defenseman goals (9). He is going to set personal bests in goals(11), assists(30), and points(41) this year.

Seidenberg is 22, Pitkanen is 20, Klesla is almost 22, Bouwmeester is about 20, Volchenkov is going on 22. These are up and coming studs. Johnsson is in his fifth season, going into his third postseason