View Single Post
Old
03-06-2004, 03:47 PM
Barnaby

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Nothing
There is a time for anything and this was the time. Enough of this sentimental bull****! We have to concentrate on the TEAM and not a one PLAYER! Yes, I am sorry to see him go and would love to see him retire a ranger. BUUUT, on the other hand, I want what is best for the team. Not what is best for Brian Leetch. It is time to move on and I think this had to be done to show everyone that this team is going in a different direction. Leetch has been a shell of himself over the last couple of years and needed a change. The team needed a change. As for Messier? KEEP YOUR DAMN MOUTH SHUT! YOU HAVE WAY TO MUCH TO SAY ABOUT WHAT HAPPENS TO THIS ORGANIZATION! PIPE DOWN AND PLAY HOCKEY! THAT IS YOUR JOB AND NOTHING ELSE!
Speaking for myself I'm not upset at the trade itself. I think it was a necessary evil, if there is no hockey next year then the Leafs only have him for 3 months. We couldn't gamble on that when we desperately need youth.

I'm pissed that we got to a point where we had to make this trade. We should not be where we are right now. That is why Sather should be fired.