Old
07-13-2007, 10:15 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2noise View Post
I personally feel that Canada derseves more teams and more respect. It's gotten to the point where it is a shame that when Ottawa was in the finals it was actually big news that a Canadian team was in the finals.

I've got to think most hockey fans in the US look up to Canada because you guys know what a great sport it is and it is your "football' so to speak. I only wish Americans took to it like Candians do.

It will always be a niche sport here, which saddens me when someone like bettman tries to cram a team in every American market, not only diluting the talent pool but bykeeping Canadian cities out of the loop because of the stupid exchange rate.
True about Americans looking up to Canadians, in terms of hockey appreciation at least. Most hockey fans I know are truly die hard fans; I don't really know any casual fans of the game. We all recognize how fantastic the game is and it kind of burns us that hockey is so under appreciated in the States, so in that respect I definitely admire the Canadians.

Who am I kidding? I'm a bleeding heart liberal, I love everything about the country. I'll be up there in two weeks for an ATU mediation hearing, and I can't wait- I love my brothers to the north .

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote