View Single Post
Old
07-14-2007, 02:28 PM
mazzinov

vCash: 500
My all time favorite memory was winning 3rd place in the provincials. We were down 2-1 late in the first game, and that's when I put the team on my back and carried them. I scored three goals in about 7 minutes, and we won the first game 4-2. We kept winning until we eventually lost in the semi's 2-1. We won the 3rd place game 6-4. I had 7 goals, and 9 assists to lead the tournament in scoring and somehow won MVP, without winning.

My second favorite memory was at a regular city tournament. We were down 3-1, and our goalie had just made a huge save. I turned to the guys on the bench, and said, 'we're going to win this game guys.' I went out on the next shift and scored to make it 3-2. I scored again in the third to tie the game up. I almost scored with one second left, but my shot hit the post so we went into OT. In OT, I was in the slot, was so tired from battling this bigger guy, and just shoved this backhand on net. I couldn't see what happened, all I saw was the ref signaling goal. I turned and just skated down the ice and slide on my knees, and my teammates all jumped on me. It was great because a guy on their team went to my highschool, and we didn't get along so it was nice to win and rub it in his face.

mazzinov is offline   Reply With Quote