Thread: Edit, Undo
View Single Post
Old
07-17-2007, 09:20 AM
bogans

vCash: 500
First of all, getting Jagr at half-price was the best move Sather ever made, there should never be any insult regarding that.

Second, trading Zidlicky for Dunham HAD to happen, Richter retired because he needed to and the second coming in Blackburn blew up in our face, he had to do what he did.

Third, trading York looked like a bad move at the time, but he is not a top six forward, I would tend to say he never was, Fleury and Lindros made him much better, even though I loved the kid.

Fourth, all of these current moves (Malik, Ward, Cullen) that people are talking about are all moves that worked out in the end. Malik and Cullen have been very good players for us, who have helped us have success in the playoffs. Ward was traded for Mara who was very successful in a Rangers uniform when he was here and I am hoping we hold onto him as he is a solid second pairing, second PP unit D-man.

The worst move that Sather ever made in my opinion was, hands down, trading Marc Savard and our 1st round draft pick in 1999 for Jan Hlavac, 1st and 3rd round selections in 1999. This was after Savard had a pretty good rookie season in a Rangers uniform and we were pretty certain he would be something special.

bogans is offline   Reply With Quote