View Single Post
Old
03-07-2004, 10:19 AM
stanley

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous
Fedoruks out with a bruised hand, effective 3-5-04
I was waiting for somebody to post this. I caught parts of the Caps game (luckily for me, not the whole thing) last night and at one point Levy and Pang mentioned that they were told Fedoruk was in the lineup but would only play in case of an emergency. They didn't lie - Fridge had not a second of ice time. They were told Fedoruk drove down to DC with Clarke as an emergency fill-in. Apparently, they couldn't call anybody else up without putting somebody on IR, and since that would have meant the player on IR would have had to remain there for a week (? - verification welcome) they decided to put Fridge on the bench rather than go with only 17 skaters.

King,
If Fedoruk were healthy and scratched for the Sens game, I'm with you 100%, or even more if it were mathematically possible (I had to add this so IM wouldn't sermon me).

In hindsight, I would have called up the Chief, just for kicks. :-) (Actually, he's probably as glued to the Phantoms as one could get, considering he's a player-assistant coach now.)