View Single Post
Old
07-17-2007, 03:02 PM
Larry Melnyk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRONX_MADNESS View Post
The guy put up a few points, for a few games, with JAROMIR JAGR. His career highs are 10 goals, 8 apples, and 18 points playing 64 games in the NHL. If he had as much skill as many of you posit, he'd have been a 20 goal scorer for years now. Please silence yourselves, talk of him being a 1st line wing is ridiculous. An AHL call up such as dawes would be a very positive makeover, I mean Hossa has yet to score 20 goals IN THE AHL. He's dispensable, and you should want him gone. End of story.
Maybe your fictional story. But if you want to deal with reality, the reality is that Renney loves Hossa, Jagr likes playing with Hossa, Hossa has played on the 1st line with Jagr, and the line played pretty succesful with Hossa on it using his big body before he got hurt late last year. So, to not think that Hossa has a chance of playing on a top line with Jagr is assinine.

None of that means I think Hossa is a top line player. IMO he is not. I still think he has yet to prove that he is a consistent 2nd or 3rd liner, let alone a first line. ANd he has yet to really produce much as far as goals. But there is some talent and skill there to go with some size and an increased willingness to use it (not neccessarily big hits but being physical). And he matches/plays well with Jagr. It will probably be Straka with Gomez and Jagr but Hossa is still a real possibility all things being considered for this team..

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote