Thread: Edit, Undo
View Single Post
Old
07-17-2007, 03:59 PM
Choice

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacn View Post
I agree that the organizational philosophy is what was broken but had we not made that deal, the apparent need for even more older washed up stars might have slightly less terrible. Once you go in on Lindros, you are going to make other dumb signings because you see him as someone to build around. Maybe we wouldn't have ever signed Holik to fortify a second line? I really don't know and yes it is silly to try to make too much out of something you cannot prove but I do feel if Sather was a card player, making that Lindros deal was the same as just saying "all in" and I always hate that approach.
Thats why I said Messier returning was the move I'd like back. It represents to me more than anything how broken the organizational philosophy was. I wasn't up in arms when they decided to bring him back, but I was when I saw him playing 2nd line minutes.

I think its that they were desperate to find someone, anyone, who they thought they could build around because they were so desperate to make the playoffs. At least Lindros contributed to that cause when he was healthy.

As for going all in, sometimes you have to throw you weight around.

Choice is offline   Reply With Quote