View Single Post
Old
03-07-2004, 11:17 AM
wazee

vCash: 500
Hmmm...Arnason and Daze for Morris is very intresting...and risky for both sides. The risk for the Avs is that Daze, who did not play physical before, will be even less willing to take risks after his back surgery...or, worse, that his back problems will continue to be a problem. Was the surgery supposed to provide a long-term solution to the problem?

For the Hawks, the risk is in giving up Tyler Arnason. I thought he was one of the brighter spots for the Hawks the last two seasons. Why would they trade him?

EDIT: I wrote this before reading the threads about the Arnason/Sutter confrontation...so that explains 'why would they trade him?'...

As an Avs fan, I can see both sides of this one. Both Daze and Arnason are talented players but neither plays with a grit...and the Avs could use some grit on the top two lines. This is a tough offer to pass up and if Daze if healthy (big IF) it is slanted to the Avs side....OTOH, it results in a net loss of grit, and that could be a problem in the playoffs....

Last edited by wazee: 03-07-2004 at 11:31 AM.