View Single Post
Old
07-18-2007, 04:10 PM
Corto
Faceless Man

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by devito1192 View Post
straka would be number 7 jed number 8. but that isn't the case. not everyone has to score to be important. that wasn't ortmeyers role. if we lost a 1 goal game no body says where was ortmeyer. but in a game where we take 7-10 penalties and kill off all of them it comes back to the penalty kill. and who was our best pker ortmeyer. we never won any games in the playoffs because of straka. there were a bunch of times against buffalo the kill came up big especially in game 3. they give up more than one goal on the kill we lose that game. not to mention that the refs were screwing us on penalties and they were out there so many times. you may look at things differently but i like consistency and clutch performances. thats what ortmeyer gave us especially on the pk.
You do realize Ortmeyer was 10th on Rangers in SH ice time per game in the playoffs?
6th among forwards?
How is he more important than someone like the hated Malik who had more ice time on your team than anyone not named Michal, overall and shorthanded, over the last two seasons?
Guy some of you were comparing him to eariler, Drury, led the forwards in Buffalo in SH ice time, and was the 3rd on team behind Tallinder and Lydman.

Ortmeyer's willingness to give up his body and all is nice, and his "I-lost-my-stick-so-go-down-to-block-shots" scores some sweet points with the fans, but like I said earlier... He's a good PKer, but his effectivness on the PK gets a bit overrated cos that's pretty much all he brings to his team. Drury does a lot of things on a high level, PKing being one of them. NOT cos he scored a couple of shorties (two were empty-netters anyway IIRC), but cos he reads the plays and covers really well. And blocks shots, yes.

Corto is offline   Reply With Quote