View Single Post
Old
07-18-2007, 06:17 PM
chosen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by devito1192 View Post
thats fine i stopped taking you seriously when you brought up the devils. i would have put tyutin on before girardi and cullen before callahan. hell i would have put prucha on before callahan and down the stretch i would have put hossa in front of callahan. with ortmeyer you get consistency you know what to expect from him. straka will get hot for 2 weeks out of the year and then all of a sudden ice cold. he had 22 goals on the year. he would score 6 one week 5 in another and then spread out the difference throught the rest of the year. and this is a guy who gets power play time and plays with jagr or shanny. how many times was someone else playing on that first line? even isbister played there. not that consistent is my point and thats why i bumped him down. if he was playing on the first line every night and wasn't as streaky goal scoring wise i would agree with you. he would be number 7 jed number 8. but that isn't the case. not everyone has to score to be important. that wasn't ortmeyers role. if we lost a 1 goal game no body says where was ortmeyer. but in a game where we take 7-10 penalties and kill off all of them it comes back to the penalty kill. and who was our best pker ortmeyer. we never won any games in the playoffs because of straka. there were a bunch of times against buffalo the kill came up big especially in game 3. they give up more than one goal on the kill we lose that game. not to mention that the refs were screwing us on penalties and they were out there so many times. you may look at things differently but i like consistency and clutch performances. thats what ortmeyer gave us especially on the pk.
You are arguing that Orts was more valuable than Straka and you want to be taken seriously?

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote